Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Time Flies...

Last month I celebrated my 30th birthday...my 30th!  To be honest, I was dreading this day.  When I was younger (like in my late teens :)  I had my life planned out already...living in that big house, with a wrap around porch, and a white picket fence...but, as we all know, we can't plan the future...but I never really planned how I was going to feel about turning 30, and what if I wasn't living that life that I had imaginedSo the month before the big day, I really started freaking out...OMG, I am going to be 30, and what have I accomplished, and what haven't I accomplished yet!  I was totally having a freak-out moment! 

A package arrived in the mail a few days before my birthday (I LOVE packages, who doesn't) and inside was this necklace, the most wonderful, and PERFECT necklace ever!  It was from my sister...and she knows me so well.  I have a thing for birds.  I just love them, the look of them, and what they symbolize.  The necklace is called, "Time Flies Necklaces", and it's a bird hanging from a vintage watch face.  This necklace is a reminder to me that life moves fast and instead of focusing on the future so much, I need to live in the now so I don't "miss the beauty of today while waiting for the hope of tomorrow"...Thank you sister for these words and for reminding me to "LIVE IN THE NOW". 

I am now excited for the future, and all the endless possibilities!  I feel like this is going to be a good year :)






0 comments: